Samsung announces Limited Edition De Grisogono Gear S2 smartwatch for $15K USD
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
German-English-Translator - Details here
Samsung is teaming up with Swiss jeweler De Grisogono to offer a limited edition luxury variant on the Gear S2 smartwatch. Only 100 units are planned for production worldwide with each starting at around $15000 USD. More than 100 diamonds will adorn each unit with Rose Gold color options and special leather bands.
In technical terms, however, the limited edition $15K smartwatch will not feature any new hardware features compared to the classic ~$300 USD Gear S2. Thus, major differences are limited to the blackened steel, gold bezel and buttons, and the various diamonds around the unit.
The limited edition Gear S2 mimics the limited edition Apple Watch in terms of the intended target market. Unfortunately, the marketing material makes no mention of when the luxurious Samsung smartwatch will be made available or how users can have one in reserve.
Official technical specifications of the Samsung Gear S2 De Grisogono Edition:
- Chassis: 41 mm, Bezel in "Rose Gold" lined with 56 white diamonds (1.2 carats), DLC-coated black steel with 71 black diamonds (1.8 carats)
- Watch Faces: Dial with dual time displays combined with day-night display at different positions | Dial with central second hand, battery indicator, and moon phase
- Armband: Leader-studded with black diamonds
- Triple-folding clasp: DLC-coated black steel
- Display: 1.2-inch, Circular Super AMOLED, 360 x 360, 302 ppi
- Memory: 4 GB eMMC, RAM 512 MB
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Sensors: Pulse sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light sensor, barometer
- Battery: 250 mAh Li-ion (up to 2-3 days of operating time)
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros