Notion Ink issues update for Adam tablet
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
Add another page to the long story of Notion Ink’s Adam tablet; this time courtesy of a new update to the gadget. First announced at CES earlier this year, the Adam tablet received much praise but was mired with lots of controversy with regards to build quality and pre-order delays.
The Adam tablet features a Tegra 2 Processor, 1GB DDR2 RAM, 8GB of storage and a Pixel Qi Display. The troubles started when the quality of the display was questioned, as complains came in that the matte-screen was only a protector and not a pure matte screen as advertised. Unfortunately, the problems didn’t end there as the Adam was plagued by numerous pre-order delays and their first update actually caused bricking of some devices.
However, after clearing up the earlier messes, Notion Ink is back at it again with their latest patch. The patch mainly offers stability improvements and certain application fixes. Also included in the patch are:
· A “Discard Update” feature to prevent faulty software updates
· A fix for the unread mail counter displaying incorrect info
· Resolution of grid view visibility issues
· A fix for the GPS displaying wrong coordinates
· Solution to problems with URLs starting in “http://” and “www.”
· A fix for crashing when connecting an external keyboard
The update also includes various other improvements and the full changelog and download links can be found at Notioninkfan.com. Hopefully by the time the Adam officially launches all the issues will be cleared up and costumers will be able to enjoy the tablet.