Nokia 8 now official
Just as expected, the Nokia 8 is finally here. This new handset is the most powerful Nokia-branded phone since HMD Global took over. Leaving the high-end specs aside, the main selling point of the Nokia 8 is the new "Bothies" feature that turns selfies into a side-by-side image that shows the content captured by both the front and back cameras. Even more, "bothies" can be streamed live to Facebook and YouTube.
Next to the "bothies," Nokia 8 comes with the following highlights:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 64 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 256 GB
- Display: 5.3-inch IPS multitouch with 2,560 x 1,440 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Cameras: 13 MP front, 13 MP + 13 MP with Carl Zeiss optics, laser & PDAF, OIS, dual-LED flash on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS, USB Type-C
- Operating system: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.35 pounds; 5.96 x 2.90 x 0.31 inches
- Battery: 3,090 mAh (Li-ion, non-removable) with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Colors: Polished Copper, Steel, Tempered Blue (with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage), Polished Blue
The Nokia 8 is certified IP54 for protection from dust and water splashes. Customers in Europe should get it in early September for a starting price of around US$700. Unfortunately, there is no information about the arrival of the Nokia 8 in the US yet, but we will keep you posted.