New leak reveals Samsung Galaxy S4 Active LTE-A details
Last month's rumors claimed that an update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is on its way but no details were provided. Now it seems that reliable sources from Asia leaked details on Samsung Galaxy S4 Active LTE-A, a new variant that will soon be released in Japan and Korea.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active LTE-A has the same IP67 rating as the standard S4 Active . Next to LTE-A support, this smartphone will also feature a 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon chip that will bring it up to speed with the other similar handsets already on the market such as the LG G2.
Except the two changes mentioned above, the rest of the features offered by the LTE-A variant of the smartphone will include the following:
- Display: 5-inch multitouch with 1,080X1,920 pixels and 443 ppi
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB ROM and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Cameras: 8 MP back, 2 MB front
- Connectivity: USB 2.0, HDMI via micro USB, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Battery/Autonomy: 2,600 mAh; up to 320 hours standby and 17 hours talk time (3G)
The smartphone will probably be released with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean preloaded and will also feature GPS and multiple sensors. Its date of release is unknown but it has been confirmed that the first carrier to introduce it on the Japanese market will be SK Telecom, also the first company to offer LTE-A support in that country.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: