(Translated from Japanese to English via Google Translate.)
Ultrabook ™ LaVie Z announced the world's lightest weight of about 875g body
- the lightness of a different dimension repaint the common sense of the ~ Ultrabook ™
NEC personal computers, today announced the world's lightest of all sizes in Ultrabook ™ and will be announced, the "LaVie Z" of about 875g body weight.
Achieve the lightness of the dimension that 875g about due to a combination of magnesium die-casting thin, not able to reach even the Ultrabook ™ the world's lightest wide-type class 11.6, yet wide display 13.3-inch pole and magnesium alloy lithium world's first. This innovative new products repaint the common sense of Ultrabook ™. LaVie Z, in addition to the lightweight body not to carry much burden throughout the day, battery-powered for long periods of time of about 8.1, rapid battery charging, fast start-up, such as data-sharing capabilities of the PC in the home , we provide optimal functionality to freely carry mobile style PC. For more information LaVie Z is as follows.
Initiatives for weight reduction;
- Adopt the world's first lithium-magnesium alloy employed in the bottom of the lithium magnesium alloy magnesium alloy with the rigidity of the average specific gravity, yet about 50% of the aluminum alloy, of about 75% of the magnesium alloy. Magnesium alloy lithium is a material very difficult to be processed in one of the advantage of lightweight, mass-production is necessary to establish a processing technology advanced, the NEC personal computers will overcome the technical challenges that the world's first has adopted the housing of the PC.
- Adopt a die-cast magnesium housing ultra-thin part of the housing of the complex shapes can not be applied to lithium magnesium alloy, thinner 0.5mm ~ 0.6mm thinness about technology that is available only workman and magnesium die casting (casting) achieved. Provide housing for lightweight mobile PC that combines strength and lightweight magnesium alloy with lithium.
- Integrated display enclosure design is that the die-casting magnesium top plate personal computer, integrated housing is assembled to the display directly the components of the display, thinner and lighter, and contribute to the narrow frame.
- Built-in keyboard housing to achieve the thinner, traditional instead of using a keyboard that is attached to the unitized body, adopted the integrated design assembling the keyboard parts directly to the housing.
- Domestic thinnest 13.3-inch wide (excluding protrusions) on par with a compact body and thinness of 14.9mm A4 Clear File at the thickest part of about
[Function] for Mobile
- Battery-powered for long periods of time approximately 8.1. From zero up to about 80% in one hour rechargeable battery. AC adapter employs approximately 18.5mm thin and light is also not bulky in the bag
- Available in about 2 seconds from sleep with "Quick Power On"
- Faster boot OS from the shutdown state by adopting SSD 3.0 Serial ATA support
- Key pitch of 18mm keystroke approximately realize a sense of comfortable typing, of approximately 1.2mm
- Dot high-resolution display 1600x900 screen display area was achieved over a wide class type 15.6
- In order to make effective use of data storage space, features "Network Duet" can share the data with a second PC, such as home
- Rounded design of the Sharp was also in the image of a "capsule". Adopted the body of the Moon Silver color with a sense of bright light
The ultra-lightweight body LaVie Z and by the above functions, the move is, of course, writing and processing documents and photos, to spend creative time unique full-fledged PC in a favorite place for outdoor cafes and parks You can.
[Overview] LaVie Z
LZ750/HS: - With third-generation Intel (R) Core ™ i7-3517U processor; - Storage (SSD) 256GB (Serial ATA 3.0)
LZ550/HS: - With third-generation Intel (R) Core ™ i5-3317U processor; - Storage (SSD) 128GB (Serial ATA 3.0)
Both models common
- (In the world's lightest Ultrabook ™) 875g body weight about
- Approximately 8.1 hours battery life
- (For PC3-12800) equipped with 4GB memory
- Super Shine View widescreen LCD type LED 13.3 (1600x900 dots)
- Built-in high-speed wireless LAN support 11n (conforming IEEE802.11a/b/g/n)
- Bluetooth built-in (R) technology (conforming to Ver.4.0 + HS)
- Resolution - Camera built-in HD (720p)
- Microsoft with (R) Office Home and Business 2010
- Launch Date: August 23, 2012
- Price: Open price
Start taking reservations at retailers nationwide from LaVie Z today, July 03, will begin selling online reservation even NEC Direct. In addition, we provide a model that can select a combination of CPU capacity and SSD, and office software in the NEC Direct.