LG displays UX 6.0 features in new video
With all of the changes and upgrades introduced with the G6, LG saw it fitting to release a video showing off some of the new features. If you're considering picking up LG's new flagship or just curious about its new software and hardware features, take a look at the video below. The new G6 is taller than its predecessors, and most other phones, allowing for a more immersive movie viewing experience and enhanced multitasking. If you don't have time to watch the four minute video, here's a quick list of the new features it covers:
- GridShot: Four pictures or videos can be stitched together to create a custom collage.
- MatchShot: Like GridShot, except this allows users to combine two images into one.
- 360 Panorama: LG's claims this is the next generation of panoramic photos.
- Food Mode: Camera mode that adjusts the colors to make edible subjects pop more in pictures.
- Create GIF: As the name implies, this mode allows users to create GIFs from pictures or videos.
- Collage Wallpapers: Users can create wallpaper slideshows from their pictures.
- LG Mobile Switch: Revamped backup utility for LG phones.
- Extended Capture: Users can take screenshots of long articles.
- Smart Doctor: Diagnoses and fixes performance issues.
Most, if not all, of these features have been available in third party apps for a while now, but it's still nice to see them integrated into the OS. These little features should help the G6 remain competitive against its main opponent, the feature-packed Galaxy S8.