LG announces the Vu III smartphone
After quite a few rumors, LG has finally decided to announce the imminent arrival of its Vu III smartphone. Unfortunately, there is no English press release available yet, but the company's Korean website has been updated with news detailing the LG Vu III handset.
Most of the specs are the same as previously rumored:
- Processor: 2.26 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974) featuring Adreno 330 graphics
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Display: 5.2-inch HD IPS capacitive touchscreen with 1,280X960 pixels
- Cameras: 13 MP back with autofocus and LED flash, 2.1 MP front-facing
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS with aGPS
- Operating system: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
LG did not mention anything about the internal storage capacity or the battery, but the Vu III will come with a Rubberdium stylus and an optional Quick View case. The Knock On feature allows users to wake the device with a double tap on the screen.
The LG Vu III smartphone will be released in Korea on September 27 via SK Telecom (SKT), Korea Telecom (KT), and LG U+. Considering this, we should have details on pricing and availability in the rest of the world soon.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros