LG Ray hits Russia
LG has just unveiled a new mid-range Android handset, namely the LG Ray. According to the official press release, this 5.5-inch device begins its rollout to the CIS region this week, while Latin America will follow soon. It packs "a stunning metallic design" and features a generous 8 MP front camera for some of the best selfie capabilities offered by smartphones in its price range.
LG Ray has the following highlights:
- Processor: 1.4 GHz octa-core (MediaTek MT6592M, according to third parties)
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 16 GB eMMC internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 13 MP back
- Connectivity: 3G dual-SIM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB 2.0, GPS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Weight: 0.35 pounds
- Battery: 3000 mAh (removable)
- Colors: silver, gold, titan black
Although it is not a high-end device, the LG Ray comes with features inherited from the G series, including Gesture Shot for an easy way to take selfies. Its price in Russia is around $230 USD while pricing for other markets will be announced locally before launch. Unfortunately, the gold and titan black colors will only be available starting in January 2016.