LG Ray hits Russia
LG has just unveiled a new mid-range Android handset, namely the LG Ray. According to the official press release, this 5.5-inch device begins its rollout to the CIS region this week, while Latin America will follow soon. It packs "a stunning metallic design" and features a generous 8 MP front camera for some of the best selfie capabilities offered by smartphones in its price range.
LG Ray has the following highlights:
- Processor: 1.4 GHz octa-core (MediaTek MT6592M, according to third parties)
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 16 GB eMMC internal storage and microSD support up to 32 GB
- Display: 5.5-inch multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP front, 13 MP back
- Connectivity: 3G dual-SIM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB 2.0, GPS
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Weight: 0.35 pounds
- Battery: 3000 mAh (removable)
- Colors: silver, gold, titan black
Although it is not a high-end device, the LG Ray comes with features inherited from the G series, including Gesture Shot for an easy way to take selfies. Its price in Russia is around $230 USD while pricing for other markets will be announced locally before launch. Unfortunately, the gold and titan black colors will only be available starting in January 2016.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros