Kodak Ektra hits the market this Friday
Kodak is not a newcomer in the mobile phone market since the soon-to-be-launched Ektra is not the company's first handset. However, the brand only targets a small niche of the market with this MediaTek-powered smartphone, namely the fans of mobile photography.
Kodak Ektra will hit the market packing the following:
- Processor: MediaTek Helio X20 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 5-inch full HD multitouch
- Cameras: 13 MP f/2.2 front, 21 MP f/2.0 with dual LED flash and OIS on the back, both with PDAF
- Operating system: Android Marshmallow
- Battery: 3,000 mAh (USB Type-C fast charging)
- Color: black
All the details will be available at launch, but we also expect the usual connectivity features, including 4G LTE and maybe NFC. The handset comes with a faux leather skin and features a grip to enhance the photo and video shooting experience. Kodak also provides a custom image app for this handset, a tool that offers manual and bokeh photo modes, as well as multiple settings and presets.
Kodak Ektra will hit Germany on December 9, priced at €499 EUR - roughly $535 USD. The handset is expected to hit Deutsche Telekom as well, more than a month after this Friday's launch (Amazon, Media Markt, Saturn, and others).
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros