Huawei silently intros Y5 2017 entry-level smartphone
Earlier this week, Huawei quietly unveiled a new handset, thus adding a new member to the affordable Y series. Dubbed Y5 2017, this Android smartphone is powered by a MediaTek processor, offering 4G LTE connectivity and a decent set of specs and features overall.
Huawei Y5 2017 has the following highlights:
- Processor: 1.4 GHz MediaTek MT6737T SoC
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 5-inch IPS multitouch with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 8 MP back with f/2.0 aperture and dual flash
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual SIM, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei EMUI 4.1 on top
- Battery/Autonomy: 3,000 mAh; up to 1.5 days of regular use
Sadly, there is no information on the launch date and pricing of this handset, but since the official product page is up and full of details, these last bits of missing information should become available in a few days.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros