HTC unveils the One Max phablet
Earlier today HTC announced the HTC One Max phablet and revealed all the information about its specs and features. Unfortunately, pricing and availability are still unknown, but HTC should confirm both soon. According to Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation, "The upgrade to HTC Sense 5.5 will provide our most amazing mobile experience yet, with the HTC One max delivering the size and power required to do everything you want, and more, without compromise."
In addition to the new HTC Sense 5.5 and the fingerprint scanner placed on its back, the HTC One Max phablet packs the following specs:
- Processor: quad-core 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 600
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16/32 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 5.9-inch Full HD multitouch with 373 ppi
- Camera: 2.1 MP front and 4 MP UltraPixel in the back with f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens, Smart Flash and 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, WiFi 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n, support for consumer infrared remote and more
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 5.5
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.48 pounds; 6.5X3.2X0.4 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 3,300 mAh Li-polymer; up to 28 hours talk time and 393 hours standby for CDMA
The HTC One Max also comes with HTC proprietary features like BlinkFeed, Zoe and BoomSound, while the fingerprint scanner allows users to assign three favorite apps to an individual finger each for quick launch.
Price of the unlocked handset is expected to be around $750, while carriers will offer it on a contract for about $250, but no figures have been confirmed yet.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: