Dell unveils the Precision M3800 mobile workstation
Dell unveiled the Precision M3800 mobile workstation yesterday in Paris. This portable packs a powerful processor combined with a professional graphics adapter, all inside a thin and light 15-inch portable that features a Quad HD+ display and "industrial-grade design with an aluminum frame, a strong, lightweight carbon fiber chassis".
These are the main specs of Dell's new notebook aimed at digital content creators and engineers looking for portability and power:
- Processor: quad-core Intel Core i7-4702HQ up to 3.2 GHz
- Display: 15.6-inch UltraSharp QHD+ with 3,200X1,800 pixels and 5-point multitouch
- Graphics adapter: 2 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA Quadro K1100M
- Memory/Storage: up to 16 GB RAM; up to 1.5 TB HDD, SSHD, or SSD
- Camera: HD webcam
- Connectivity: four USB PowerPorts (3 USB 3.0 & 1 USB 2.0), USB to RJ-45 dongle, optional Dell D3000 USB 3.0 docking station
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit or Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
- Weight/Thickness: starting at 4.5 pounds; 0.71 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 61 WHr or 91 WHr; up to 10 hours and six minutes with NVIDIA Optimus technology
The Precision M3800 is "tuned and optimized for the top media & entertainment, engineering and design applications such as those in Adobe Creative Cloud, Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite and AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit, Avid Media Composer, Dassault Catia and Solidworks, PTC Creo, Siemens NX and TeamCenter" and will become available worldwide on November 14, starting at $1,799. More details about the hardware options and their prices should be available soon.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: