AMD-powered HP Stream sub-$200 laptop coming soon
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Chromebooks sell quite well lately and it looks like Microsoft and their partners were serious when they promised Windows laptops with prices below $250 USD. German website Mobile Geeks revealed earlier today that HP will soon unveil a 14-inch Windows notebook powered by a quad-core AMD processor from the Mullins family.
According to the source mentioned above, HP Stream is expected to come with the following specs and features:
- Processor: quad-core 1 GHz AMD A4 Micro-6400T with Radeon R3 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 or 64 GB eMMC internal storage and 100 GB of free OneDrive cloud storage for two years
- Display: 14-inch with 1,366X768 pixels
- Camera: 720p webcam
- Audio: Beats audio with four speakers
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI, SDXC card reader, 1XUSB 3.0, 2XUSB 2.0
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 with Bing
- Weight/Dimensions: 3.9 pounds; 13.5X9.5X0.7 inches
The HP Stream will probably be the second portable to use a new AMD "Mullins" chip, the first one being HP Pavilion 10z. Unfortunately, the company still has to officially unveil HP Stream, so we will get back to it as soon as that happens.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros