Samsung Galaxy S5 mini specs leak online
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Since Samsung released the Galaxy S5 already, the new family of Android handsets will soon get new members as the successors of devices such as Galaxy S4 mini or Galaxy S4 zoom show up. According to latest rumors, the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini will launch in June and insiders familiar with the matter also confirmed some of the specs of this upcoming smartphone.
SamMobile's inside sources revealed the following specs for the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini:
- Processor: quad-core Snapdragon chip by Qualcomm, model not confirmed yet - most likely a Snapdragon 400
- Memory/Storage: 1.5 GB RAM; 16 GB of storage and microSD support
- Display: 4.5-inch Super AMOLED with 1,280X720 pixels
- Cameras: 8 MP rear, 2 MP front
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
While the Galaxy S5 mini will not come with advanced features like the pulse sensor and fingerprint scanner as its design is expected to closely replicate the one of the full size Galaxy S5. Since it will compete with the Xperia Z1 Compact and the Moto G, it is very likely to see it carry the same IP67 certification as its parent, but this has not been confirmed yet.