Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 leaks online
Samsung released two Galaxy Mega phablets last year - the Galaxy Mega 5.8 and the Galaxy Mega 6.3. Their successor is expected to be called Galaxy Mega 2 and has been recently spotted by the guys from Phone Arena in the database of China's Telecommunications Equipment Certification Center.
The Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 spotted in China has the model number SM-G7508Q and supports China Mobile's TD-LTE network. These are its main specs and features:
- Processor: 1.2 GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon 410
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 6-inch touchscreen with 1,280X720 pixels and 250 ppi
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 13 MP back with LED flash and autofocus
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n with WiFi Direct and hotspot, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0 LE with A2DP, NFC, micro USB 2.0, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Dimensions: 6.44X3.34X0.34 inches
A closely related model, called Galaxy Mega 2 SM-G750A, has been spotted at the FCC last month. This means that the phablet will reach the US market sooner or later, but now remains to see when will Samsung decide to officially unveil the SM-G7508Q for the Chinese market. We will keep you posted.