MSI announces the GP60 15.6-inch gaming notebook
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Gamers on a budget who can't live without a laptop will surely enjoy the GP60 Gaming Series notebook from MSI. Despite its minor drawbacks, the MSI GP60 is a gaming notebook that successfully blends performance with mobility and competitive pricing.
The MSI GP60 features the same black/dash of red color scheme as the other Gaming Series laptops, but some of its specifications are rather general, so we can't talk about a base model right now. Even this way, there is still enough information to get a better picture of what to expect from it, as you can see below:
- CPU: Haswell family, not a single one officially confirmed, probably Intel Core i5 and maybe even i7
- Memory: 2 DDR3 slots, up to 16 GB
- Chipset: Intel HM86
- Display: two options available, 1366X768 or 1920X1080 anti-glare
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M with 2 GB of DDR3 (the major drawback for a gamer)
- Optical drive: a DVDRW or a Blu-ray+DVDRW combo
- Storage: 24 GB NAND flash + 1 TB 5400rpm hybrid
- OS: Windows 8
Measuring roughly 15X10X1.4 inches and weighing about 5.3 pounds, the MSI GP60 also features a gaming-grade SteelSeries keyboard and gold-plated headset jacks.
Other than these, everything is standard: 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0, Gigabit LAN, D-Sub and HDMI connectors, a pair of USB 3.0 ports and a single USB 2.0 port. The MSI GP60 also has a 720p webcam and a card reader.
Pricing is currently unavailable and will depend on configuration.