IFA 2013 | Lenovo unveils the S5000 Android tablet
Earlier today, Lenovo announced the S5000 Android tablet, advertising it as "one of the slimmest tablets in the market." Next to the Vibe X smartphone and the long list of ultrabooks shown off at IFA 2013 by Lenovo, the Lenovo S5000 is an excellent addition to the company's portfolio of new products.
- Processor: quad-core 1.2 GHz MediaTek MTK 8389
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB DDR2 RAM; 16 GB ROM
- Display: 7-inch touch screen with 1,280X800 resolution and 350 nit brightness
- Connectivity: micro USB, Bluetooth 4.0
- Cameras: 5 MP rear and 1.6 MP front
- Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Battery/Autonomy: 3,450 mAh; up to 8 hours over WiFi and 6 hours of HD video playback
- Variants: WiFi and 3G
Lenovo will release the S5000 with 3G HSPA+ connectivity in select countries, but not in the United States. In Europe, pricing starts at $260 for the WiFi version, while the 3G will cost $325. The S5000 will reach the United States towards the end of the year, since the press release only mentions "Q4 2013".
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: