Gigabyte introduces U21MD 3-in-1 with unique dock
Next to the new 15.6-inch gaming laptop P15F v2, Gigabyte announced last week the 11.6-inch convertible PC U21MD. This portable comes with a swivel hinge that allows to be used as both a tablet or a laptop and the optional D21 docking station which provides desktop PC capabilities. According to the official press release, the U21MD "is the only laptop currently offering unmatched 3-in-1 flexibility for users looking for a versatile laptop."
These are the various options available for the Gigabyte U21MD convertible:
- Processors: Intel Core i5-4200U with Intel HD Graphics 4400 or Intel Pentium 3558U with Intel HD Graphics
- Display: 11.6-inch capacitive multi-touch with 1,366X768 pixels
- Memory/Storage: 4/8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz in two slots; dual storage with up to 512 GB mSATA and 1.5 TB HDD (single 1 TB SSHD option also available)
- Camera: HD webcam
- Connectivity: 3.5G antenna built-in and optional 3.5G module, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, 1000 Mbps Ethernet, Bluetooth 4.0+LE, 2XUSB 3.0, 2XUSB 2.0, HDMI. D-Sub, SD card reader
- Docking station ports: 3XUSB 3.0, 2XUSB 2.0, HDMI, RJ45, 2Xaudio jack, docking connector
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 or 8.1 Pro
- Battery: lithium-polymer 7.4 V and 48.84 Wh
- Dimensions/Weight: 11.73X8.91X0.79 inches; 3.06 pounds (with battery and m-SSD) or 3.28 pounds (with battery, m-SSD and HDD)
The Gigabyte U21MD has a standard chiclet keyboard and a backlit keyboard optionally available, also coming with Kensington Lock and Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater audio. Unfortunately, pricing and availability have yet to be announced.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: