Eurocom announces the world's first 6 TB laptops
Eurocom has made another move after just launching its M3 gaming notebook, but this time it's not about releasing a new model. By adding the Travelstar 5K1500 drives to the list of options available for its high performance Panther mobile workstations, Eurocom becomes the first manufacturer to break the 6 TB storage barrier on a laptop.
The Eurocom Panther family consists of two models, the Panther 4.0 (pictured in the gallery below) and the 3D-enabled Panther 5D. Both mobile workstations have a similar design and their specifications are very flexible, depending on your needs:
- Display: 17.3” Full HD 1920x1080, matte or glossy
- Processor: up to Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme or Xeon E5-2600 series
- Memory: up to 32GB of quad channel DDR3 1600MHz RAM
- Graphics: Two MXM 3.0b slots supporting single and dual graphics operation (including the NVIDIA Quadro K5000M, K40000M, K3000M and K2000M)
- Storage: up to 6 TB of storage with four physical SSD, Hybrid or HDD, RAID 0/1/5/10 support
- Weight/Dimensions: 12.1 lbs and 16.76x11.44x2.31-2.48 inch
The Travelstar 5K1500 drives feature a 32 MB cache buffer, operating shock of 400G/2ms and a 0.5 watt low power idle, providing high performance, reliability and efficiency. For more information, please check the press release below.