CES 2014 | Alcatel One Touch announces the Idol X+ octa-core flagship smartphone
Alcatel One Touch announced its new flagship Android smartphone earlier today at CES 2014. The Idol X+ uses "a true octa-core processor which allows eight cores to work simultaneously to enable the next level of performance and power efficiency" but the press release does not specify the name of this processor.
These are the main technical specs and features of the Alcatel One Touch Idol X+ smartphone:
- Processor: 2 GHz octa-core (most likely the MediaTek MT6592)
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 or 32 GB of internal storage
- Display: 5-inch IPS touchscreen with 1,080X1,920 pixels, 441 ppi and 170 degree viewing angle
- Cameras: 13.1 MP rear and 2 MP front
- Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Battery: 2,500 mAh
The handset is only 0.31 inches thin and its side speakers offer support for audiophile-level SACD 24 bit/192 KHz stereo playback. Information regarding pricing and availability should become public soon, but the handset can be already seen at CES, where Alcatel One Touch is located at Booth 9825, in the LVCC Central Hall. For more information, please check the press release below.