IFA 2011 | Toshiba announces 7.7mm thick AT200 tablet
On the occasion of IFA's press conference, Toshiba has taken the honeybee out of the bag and announced their latest Honeycomb tablet. It might not be the rumored Toshiba Excite, but the new AT200 tablet does excite thanks its ultra-flat design and continuous profile of only 7.7 millimeters, making it the thinnest tablet on the market (in comparison the iPad 2 measures in at 8.8mm thick). In addition, the 10.1" display comes with a resolution of 1280x800 pixels, and the slim design is further augmented thanks to a weight of just 585 grams, which is on par with some of the smaller 7" tablets.
As for the processor- the AT200 features an OMAP 4430 dual-core CPU from Texas Instruments, with a clock core of 1.2GHz. Toshiba's original Thrive tablet was popular due to its wide range of ports, and the company has fit what it can into the AT200, including micro-USB, micro-SD, and micro-HDMI ports. The device runs Android Honeycomb 3.2, and should be available in time for Christmas sales(Q4 2011).
No price for the tablet has yet been announced.
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
- Display: 10.1" (1280 x 800 Pixel, 16:10, 25.7 centimeters)
- Processor: Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 (1.2 GHz, Dual-Core)
- RAM: 1 GB (DDR2)
- SSD: up to 64 GB
- Ports: micro-USB, micro-SD, micro-HDMI, docking port
- Communication: WLAN 802.11b/g/n | Bluetooth | GPS
- Camera: 5 Megapixel rear-camera, 2 Megapixel front-camera
- Sensors: GPS, 3D-accelerometer, Gyrsoscope, electronic compass, ambient light sensor
- Speakers: 2x 1.5 Watt Stereo-speakers
- Operating System: Google Android 3.2 (Honeycomb)
- Battery Life: 8 Hours (as reported)
- Weight: 558 Grams
- Dimensions: 256 x 176 x 7.7 Millimeter (W X H X D)
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros