Seagate announces SSD 600, 600 pro, and 1200
Until now, Seagate has been well known for its HDs, but for the first time they are introducing a line of solid state drives. The new SSDs are aimed at all levels of consumers. They include both the Seagate 600 SSD, Seagate 600 Pro SSD, and the Seagate 1200 SSD.
The Seagate 600, the most basic model, offers 6Gb/s transfer speeds and comes in standard dimensions (2.5 inches) but is available in both standard 7mm thickness and 5mm thickness for use in ultra-thin devices.
Seagate 600 Pro is comparable to the basic 600 model but boasts reduced energy consumption, as well as an integrated system to further reduce energy needs during light use and idle times. It is only available in the standard 7mm thickness.
The 600 and 600 Pro formats will be available with capacities up to 480GB.
The Seagate 1200, which Seagate is calling an Enterprise class product, promises ultra fast speeds up to 12Gb/s, as well as exceptional data integrity, device endurance, and data security. The 1200 model will be avalable with up to 800GB capacities.
Seagate is also offering the new Seagate X8 Accelerator. The X8 is a PCIe Accelerator Card with up to 1.1 million IOPS. Seagate promises that it will boost server performance speeds up to 2X faster than any of its competitors.
Prices for the new products have not yet been announced.
- Seagate unveils the Backup Plus Fast external drive with dual 2 TB drives in RAID 0 News @ 01/06/2014
- Seagate launches the second generation of its Backup Plus Slim external storage lineup News @ 01/06/2014
- Corsair unveils the new entry-level Force LS Series SSDs News @ 08/23/2013
- Toshiba announces new 7mm hybrid drives for notebooks News @ 06/23/2013
- Samsung producing new faster SSDs News @ 06/17/2013
- OCZ releases new Vertex 450 Series of SSDs News @ 05/25/2013
- HGST announces 1.5TB hard drive for notebooks News @ 05/22/2013
- Seagate announces 3rd generation SSHDs for notebooks News @ 03/06/2013
- Seagate to stop making 7200 RPM drives for notebooks News @ 03/02/2013