CeBIT 2011 | Schenker exhibits six-core desktop replacement notebook
The German computer manufacturer Schenker Notebooks is displaying one of the most powerful gaming laptops at CeBIT this year. Called the XMG U700 Ultra, the laptop packs some serious hardware, including a Core i7-990x processor with Geforce GTX 470M SLI and up to 12GB of DDR3 RAM. In fact, we have recently reviewed a version of the XMG U700 with a Core i7-950 that produced spectacular results in CPU and gaming performance.
The updated XMG U700 on display will be using the Intel XTU software, which is Intel’s official overclocking utility. Schenker Notebooks claims that users will be able to exceed speeds over 4GHz with the software.
Beyond CPU and graphics, the notebook will include up to three hard drives or SSDs in a RAID setup to provide extremely short access times.
We performed a couple of benchmark tests on the notebook, including 3D Mark Vantage and 3D Mark 2006, and can confirm benchmark scores of 24816 and 23268 points, respectively.
The XMG U700 Ultra is now available online through Schenker Notebooks for about €1748 ($2423) and up to over €6000 ($8320), depending on user configuration.
Specifications XMG U700 Ultra
· Processor: Intel Core i7-990x (3.46 to 3.73 GHz , 12MB L3 cache), Core i7-970 (3.20 to 3.46 GHz , 12 MB L3 cache), Core i7-960 (3 0.20 to 3, 46 GHz , 8 MB L3 cache), Xeon X5660 (2.80 to 3.20 GHz , 12MB L3 cache), X5680 (3.33 to 3.60 GHz , 12MB L3 cache)
· Chipset: Intel X58
· Screen: 43.9 cm (17.3 ") Full-HD (1920 x 1080) TFT display with LED backlight including webcam
· Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2x up to 485m 2048MB GDDR5 RAM , SLI technology up to 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470M 1536MB GDDR5 RAM , SLI technology up to 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1536MB GDDR5 RAM , SLI technology
· Memory: up to 12 GB DDR3 RAM (1333MHz)
· Hard Drive: 250, 320, 500 and 750 GB (7200 rpm), 320, 500 GB Hybrid Hard Drive , Solid State Drive (SSD) with 64, 80, 128, 160 and 256 GB (3 slots, RAID 0, 1 , 5)
· Connectivity: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 (including Bluetooth), Centrino Wireless-N 1130 (including Bluetooth)
· Keyboard: 99 keys, separate number pad, multi-touch enabled backlit touch pad with scroll function, 5 multimedia keys
· Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio, 5 speakers, 1 subwoofer
· Interfaces: 1 x HDMI , 1x DVI -I, 2 x USB 3.0, 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x eSATA , 1 x IEEE 1394 Firewire, 1 x CATV connector, 1 x Microphone, 1 x Line In, 1 x SPDIF , 1 x Gigabit LAN , 1 x Express Card 54/34 Slot, 1 x RJ-45, 3in1 card reader (MMC / RSMMC / SD / mini SD / SDHC / MS / MS Pro / MS Duo)
· Optical Drive: DVD / RW DL Multi-Format Burner, Blu-ray Disc (reading) or Blu-ray burner
· Battery: 12-cell Li-Polymer Battery with 6,800 mAh
· Dimensions / Weight: 419 x 286 x 56.5 to 60.7 mm (WxDxH), 5.8kg (with battery)
· Availability: from mid-March with new trim levels, but available now in the online shop www.mysn.de
· Prices: between 1749 € and 6238 €
CeBIT 2011: Schenker Notebook XMG Halle 23 Stand A01/04
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros