CeBIT 2011 | Schenker exhibits six-core desktop replacement notebook
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor - Details here
The German computer manufacturer Schenker Notebooks is displaying one of the most powerful gaming laptops at CeBIT this year. Called the XMG U700 Ultra, the laptop packs some serious hardware, including a Core i7-990x processor with Geforce GTX 470M SLI and up to 12GB of DDR3 RAM. In fact, we have recently reviewed a version of the XMG U700 with a Core i7-950 that produced spectacular results in CPU and gaming performance.
The updated XMG U700 on display will be using the Intel XTU software, which is Intel’s official overclocking utility. Schenker Notebooks claims that users will be able to exceed speeds over 4GHz with the software.
Beyond CPU and graphics, the notebook will include up to three hard drives or SSDs in a RAID setup to provide extremely short access times.
We performed a couple of benchmark tests on the notebook, including 3D Mark Vantage and 3D Mark 2006, and can confirm benchmark scores of 24816 and 23268 points, respectively.
The XMG U700 Ultra is now available online through Schenker Notebooks for about €1748 ($2423) and up to over €6000 ($8320), depending on user configuration.
Specifications XMG U700 Ultra
· Processor: Intel Core i7-990x (3.46 to 3.73 GHz , 12MB L3 cache), Core i7-970 (3.20 to 3.46 GHz , 12 MB L3 cache), Core i7-960 (3 0.20 to 3, 46 GHz , 8 MB L3 cache), Xeon X5660 (2.80 to 3.20 GHz , 12MB L3 cache), X5680 (3.33 to 3.60 GHz , 12MB L3 cache)
· Chipset: Intel X58
· Screen: 43.9 cm (17.3 ") Full-HD (1920 x 1080) TFT display with LED backlight including webcam
· Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2x up to 485m 2048MB GDDR5 RAM , SLI technology up to 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470M 1536MB GDDR5 RAM , SLI technology up to 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1536MB GDDR5 RAM , SLI technology
· Memory: up to 12 GB DDR3 RAM (1333MHz)
· Hard Drive: 250, 320, 500 and 750 GB (7200 rpm), 320, 500 GB Hybrid Hard Drive , Solid State Drive (SSD) with 64, 80, 128, 160 and 256 GB (3 slots, RAID 0, 1 , 5)
· Connectivity: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 (including Bluetooth), Centrino Wireless-N 1130 (including Bluetooth)
· Keyboard: 99 keys, separate number pad, multi-touch enabled backlit touch pad with scroll function, 5 multimedia keys
· Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio, 5 speakers, 1 subwoofer
· Interfaces: 1 x HDMI , 1x DVI -I, 2 x USB 3.0, 3 x USB 2.0, 1 x eSATA , 1 x IEEE 1394 Firewire, 1 x CATV connector, 1 x Microphone, 1 x Line In, 1 x SPDIF , 1 x Gigabit LAN , 1 x Express Card 54/34 Slot, 1 x RJ-45, 3in1 card reader (MMC / RSMMC / SD / mini SD / SDHC / MS / MS Pro / MS Duo)
· Optical Drive: DVD / RW DL Multi-Format Burner, Blu-ray Disc (reading) or Blu-ray burner
· Battery: 12-cell Li-Polymer Battery with 6,800 mAh
· Dimensions / Weight: 419 x 286 x 56.5 to 60.7 mm (WxDxH), 5.8kg (with battery)
· Availability: from mid-March with new trim levels, but available now in the online shop www.mysn.de
· Prices: between 1749 € and 6238 €
» Top 10 Multimedia Laptops
» Top 10 Budget Multimedia Laptops
» Top 10 Gaming Laptops
» Top 10 Budget Gaming Notebooks
» Top 10 Lightweight Gaming Laptops
» Top 10 Business Laptops
» Top 10 Budget Office Laptops
» Top 10 Workstation Laptops
» Top 10 Subnotebooks
» Top 10 Ultrabooks
» Top 10 Chromebooks
» Best Laptop Displays
» Best Laptops for University Students
» Top alternatives to the Apple MacBook Pro 13
» Top alternatives to the Apple MacBook Pro 15
» Top alternatives to the MacBook 12/Air
» Top 10 Laptops for Picture and Video Editing
CeBIT 2011: Schenker Notebook XMG Halle 23 Stand A01/04
Quality journalism is paid by advertising. We show the least amount of ads possible. Adblock users see more ads. Please, switch off ad blockers.