Samsung announces Galaxy Core Lite low-cost LTE smartphone
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
Earlier today Samsung held a press event in Taiwan where they announced multiple LTE-ready devices, including the Galaxy Note 3, Note 3 Neo and Galaxy S5, as well as the new Galaxy Core Lite. This low cost handset features a rather large 4.7-inch screen, but its resolution is very low - only 480X800 pixels.
Samsung Galaxy Core Lite has the following specs:
- Processor: 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 8 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 4.7-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen with 480X800 pixels
- Cameras: 0.3 MP front, 5 MP with flash on the back
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, NFC, micro-USB 2.0, GPS
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (KitKat update availability not announced yet)
- Battery: 2,000 mAh (removable)
This cheap 4G LTE Android smartphone will hit the shelves in Taiwan later this month and has a suggested retail price of around $260 USD. Details regarding availability and pricing for the rest of the world are not available for the time being.