IDF 2012 | More than 75 new Ultrabooks planned by Intel; prices could reach $699
Its been almost a year since Intel first announced their Ultrabook concept, and the notebooks have definitely taken the market by storm. Speaking at the Intel Developer Forum in Beijing, Vice President and GM, Kirk Skaugen had much to say about the Ultrabook movement.
In his keynote address, Skaugen announced that over 75 new Ultrabook designs would be released in the coming months, and that prices could reach as low as $699. The new models encompass a wide variety of manufacturers and models, and include touchscreen hybrids and Windows 8 powered notebooks that will likely feature Ivy Bridge CPUs and new Integrated Intel HD Graphics options.
Intel has also launched a multi-million dollar advertisement campaign for their Ultrabooks, and plans on airing various internet and TV campaigns as well as creating "Ultrabook experience zones" in stores to set their products apart. The company also plans on applying stringent testing to prospective Ultrabooks, in order to ensure the quality of their trademark.
The keynote speech also addressed various concerns about identity theft and security, as Intel plans on including their Identity Protection Technology in future Ultrabooks. The technology, which uses a security-token generated by an onboard chip, will be first implemented in China's popular RenRen social network but should find its way into other mediums soon enough.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros
- IDF 2012 | Day 3 Keynote: "It's a Wireless World" News @ 09/14/2012
- Intel unveils Letexo hybrid superthin Ultrabook News @ 04/21/2012
- Intel lays down design guidelines for Windows 8 tablets News @ 04/16/2012
- IDF 2012 | Intel proposes standardized Ultrabook battery design News @ 04/14/2012
- Intel predicts 40% penetration for Ultrabooks by year end News @ 01/21/2012
- CES 2012 | Summary: Intel's Keynote Speech News @ 01/12/2012
- Intel may equip Ultrabooks with NFC technology News @ 11/14/2011
- IDF 2011 | Intel Keynote: Android and Intel News @ 09/13/2011
- Intel says future Ultrabooks will be more tablet-like News @ 09/09/2011
- Intel gives out reference design of Ultrabooks News @ 08/14/2011