Microsoft updates Windows 10 Technical Preview
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team! Especially English native speakers welcome!
News and Editorial Editor - Details here
Microsoft launched the first Windows 10 preview build to the public earlier this month. That version carries build number 9841, and the new update brings it up to 9860. Gabe Aul announced this version on the official Windows Blog yesterday, also revealing information about new features and existing issues that have not been ironed out yet.
This new public preview of Microsoft Windows 10 has the following highs and lows:
- New animation for switching between virtual desktops
- Win+Shift+arrow key allows to move apps from one monitor to another when using a multi-display setup
- Fast or slow update settings (nightly builds vs. more refined releases that were already tested by others)
- Solitaire and Mahjong "are broken in some cases" and refuse to launch
- Wake up/sleep issues on some machines
- BSOD when undocking while using two external monitors via Display Link
Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9860 can be obtained automatically "via the magic of Windows Update" or manually, from PC Settings>Update and recovery>Preview builds. Depending on the language and the CPU architecture, the size of the download varies between 2 GB and 2.74 GB. All in all, this new version has almost 7,000 improvements and fixes, but more are on the way.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros