Fairphone 2 now available for pre-order
Founder and CEO of Fairphone, Bas van Abel, has recently unveiled on the company's website that the second iteration of their modular Android smartphone can be pre-ordered. He also added that "Everything we’ve been working on over the past year has been leading up to this moment, and we can’t wait to start growing our community of Fairphone owners."
The handset has a price of roughly $570 USD, but this price offers a handset that has been designed to be easy to repair by its owner and its construction uses non-conflict minerals. Its base specs include the following:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD slot
- Display: 5-inch Full HD multitouch with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS
- Camera: 8 MP back
- Operating system: Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Battery: 2420 mAh, removable
Fairphone 2 should ship in November and also includes dual-SIM support. The special edition that will be offered to those who order before September 30 promises to come holding a surprise inside. Fairphone says, "The phone will look the same from the outside, but when you open it up you’ll see something special that lets you know how important you are to us." Remains to see what will these phones carry, so stay tuned for more information.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros