BlackBerry Aurora launches today
According to the company once known as RIM, "Indonesia boasts the world’s largest population of avid BlackBerry smartphone and BBM users." Considering that, it comes naturally for the new BlackBerry Aurora to hit the local market first, since it is advertised as a handset "Made in Indonesia, for Indonesians."
BlackBerry Aurora's specs confirm what we found out in the most recent leaks. These are its highlights:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 SoC
- Memory/Storage: 4 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 2 TB
- Display: 5.2-inch multitouch display with 1,280X720 pixels
- Operating system: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Battery/Autonomy: 3,000 mAh; up to 20 hours mixed use and 30 hours standby
In addition to the above, the new BlackBerry handset also features dual-SIM support, as well as access to the BlackBerry DTEK privacy app and the Hub productivity suite. A fingerprint reader is also present.
BlackBerry's Aurora is expected to hit the Indonesian market next week. Unfortunately, there is nothing to say about its international pricing or availability at this time.
Top 10 Smartphones
Smartphones, Phablets, ≤5-inch, Camera SmartphonesNotebookcheck's Top 10 Smartphones under 160 Euros