Tesco reveals the Hudl Android tablet
Review Editor - Details here
News Editor - Details here
Russian Translator - Details here
Earlier today, supermarket giant Tesco announced the Hudl, a 7-inch Android tablet "that aims to open up a world of entertainment and connectivity to all." The device was designed from scratch by Tesco for its 20 million customers and has an excellent price to features ratio.
The Tesco Hudl Android tablet packs the following specs:
- Processor: quad-core 1.5 GHz (unspecified brand and model)
- Memory/Storage: unspecified amount of RAM; 16 GB ROM and microSD slot up to 32 GB
- Display: scratch resistant 7-inch touchscreen, 1,440X900 pixels and 243 ppi
- Camera: two cameras (no details yet)
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth, micro HDMI port
- Operating system: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Autonomy: up to 9 hours
- Colors available: black, blue, red, purple
The Hudl provides easy access to Tesco's digital services through a dedicated launcher button. According to the press release, "These include blinkbox movies and TV, music and Clubcard TV (which offers free films and TV programmes exclusively for Clubcard holders), banking and of course shopping for groceries, clothing, homeware and more."