Samsung launches the Galaxy J smartphone in Taiwan
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Two days after releasing the short teaser associated by some with the upcoming Galaxy S5, Samsung has finally revealed the Galaxy J smartphone. This model is exclusively available on the Taiwanese market for the time being and its design brings together elements from Galaxy S4(screen) and the Galaxy Note 3(other hardware specs).
The Samsung Galaxy J has less pronounced corners than the other Samsung Galaxy smartphones currently on the market and comes with the following features and specs:
- Processor: 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Cameras: 13 MP with LED flash in the back, 2 MP front
- Display: 5-inch Super AMOLED Full HD capacitive multi-touch with 1,080X1,920 pixels
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/ b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, micro USB, 3G with GPRS and EDGE support
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Battery/Autonomy: non-removable 2,600 mAh offering up to 310 hours in stand-by mode
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.32 pounds; 5.39X2.76X0.34 inches
The 5-inch smartphone will become available next week in Taiwan for roughly $740 with the only colors available being red and white while the original color range also includes blue as an option. Unfortunately, it is not known yet if the Samsung Galaxy J will make it to other markets.