Leak shows specs of upcoming Sony Xperia Z2
The Sony Xperia Z1 is one of the most powerful smartphones on the market, featuring a 20 MP camera and a Full HD display, next to a Snapdragon 800 processor and 2 GB of memory. Sony's flaghsip handset arrived earlier this month, but rumors of what seems to be its successor are already surfacing.
The Sony Xperia Z2 codenamed Avatar is still only a rumor and no images of this smartphone are available now, but its specs have been leaked already. These are supposed to be its features:
- Processor: octa-core Snapdragon 1200
- Display: 4K resolution, 5.4-inch IGZO+ touchscreen with 500 ppi
- Memory/Storage: 3 or 4 GB RAM; at least 64 GB ROM
- Camera: 26 MP featuring extreme low light sensors or the same 20 MP camera used in the Z1
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
One strong competitor for the Sony Xperia Z2 may be Samsung's Galaxy S5, already the topic of a few rumors. Both devices are expected to debut at CES 2014, but none of them has been officially confirmed yet.