Blu unveils the Life Pro, world’s thinnest 5-inch HD smartphone
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Miami, Florida, Blu Products sold over 10 million handsets so far and now it has just unveiled the Blu Life Pro, a device it advertises as the world's thinnest 5-inch HD smartphone. While its specs are not high-end, this handset comes with premium aluminum housing, a 12 MP camera and will be available unlocked for a very attractive price.
These are the main specs and features of the Blu Life Pro smartphone:
- Processor: 1.5 GHz quad-core (unspecified brand and model) with PowerVR SGX554 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM; 16 GB internal storage
- Display: 5-inch IPS HD with 720X1,280 pixels and 293 ppi
- Cameras: 5 MP front, 12 MP rear with face detection and continuous autofocus, as well as LED flash with Bright+ Technology for improved low light performance
- Connectivity: 42 Mbps HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, micro USB 2.0
- Operating system: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.36 pounds; 5.79X2.84X0.27 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 2,500 mAh; up to 12 hours talk time and 416 hours standby
This handset is capable of shooting 1080p video but there is no microSD card slot to help hosting large video files, since the 16 GB internal memory can fill up really fast when recording video using such a high resolution.
The Blue Life Pro should become available on Amazon and other similar websites soon for a price of $299 without a contract. It will only be available in black and the retail package will also contain a silicon case and a screen protector. Unfortunately, there is no information available concerning a possible update of the operating system to Android 4.4 KitKat.