Alleged Surface Pro 3 specs appear online
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet has been in the rumor mill since last year, but it does not have an official release date yet and the Redmond giant did not confirm its specs and features yet, either. The latest rumors concerning this Windows tablet come from a Chinese source and some of the specs they mention are simply impressive.
If all the specs below prove to be true, then Surface Pro 3 can go head to head even with today's high-end laptops:
- Processor: 14 nm, 25 W and 1.8/2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 "Skylake" with Intel Iris Pro graphics and 3 MB L3 cache
- Memory/Storage: 16 GB LPDDR4 2133 MHz (4X4 GB); 1 TB internal storage and support for SDXC memory cards
- Display: 12.9-inch LED backlit Retina IPS with 2,560X1,440 pixels and 290 ppi
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, 4G LTE, microSIM, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt 2, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 with Office 2013 loaded as well
- Battery/Autonomy: 10,900 mAh; up to 15 hours of Web browsing and 9 hours HD video playback
The source quoted by ITHome also mentioned that the slate could be revealed in June or July, but all the above should be taken with a grain of salt for the time being. We will get back to this topic as soon as more information shows up, hopefully from Microsoft themselves.