IFA 2013 | Toshiba announces 11.6" budget NB10 notebooks
Review Editor - Details here
News Editor - Details here
Russian Translator - Details here
Toshiba today announced the release of a pair of budget notebooks, showing off the Satellite NB10 and Satellite Pro NB10 here at IFA. The 11.6" laptops are being marketed as secondary devices or primary PCs for students, and are expected to debut in Q4 of this year.
The notebooks feature Toshiba's familiar silver or black design, and come in at 1.3kg with dimensions of 248 x 208.6 x 21.6mm and a 1366x768 pixel resolution. The devices aren't flashy by any means, but they offer a compact solution, even though Toshiba hasn't yet offered any concrete info regarding battery life.
Interestingly, the NB10s won't opt for AMD's new generation of APUs and instead go throwback with Intel's energy-saving options. Either an Intel Celeron N2810 or an N3510 Pentium CPU are available with up to 4GB of RAM, and a 500GB HDD will take care of storage. The laptops also come with the standard array of ports, including HDMI, VGA, an SD slot, LAN, Wi-Fi and USB 2.0/3.0 ports.
There has yet been no announcement regarding the actual price of the notebooks, although we do know that a touchscreen version should retail for around 400 euros. Also, from our initial impressions, the NB10s fair relatively well from a quality standpoint with a solid chassis and tight covers and buttons, but we'll have to see how they perform under regular use.
Toshiba Satellite NB10 Specifications:
- 11.6" HD display (1366x768) with LED backlighting. Ten-point touchscreen also available
- Intel Celeron N2810 or Intel Pentium N3510 CPUs
- Intel HD Graphics
- 500GB hard drive
- Up to 4GB DDR3 RAM
- 1 x USB3.0, 2 x USB2.0, 1 x VGA, 1 x HDMI, SD / SDHC card slot, microphone/headphone output, Ethernet LAN, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0 and Wi-Fi b/g/n or a/b/g/n
- High-quality stereo optimized with DTS sound
- HD webcam with stereo microphones
- Windows 8 64-bit OS
- Kensington anti-theft lock
- Silver and Black colors
- 1.3kg weight
- 284 x 208.6 x 13.8 to 21.5 mm dimensions