Team Group launches mSATA MP1 SSD
Team Group Inc. has just revealed a new mSATA SSD, the MP1. This drive is 8 times smaller than a standard 2.5-inch solid state drive, and "combines all the advantages of SSD in one," providing high speed and stability with zero noise and very low power consumption.
These are the main specs of the Team Group MP1 mSATA SSD:
- Capacities: 64 GB, 128 GB, 256 GB
- Interface: SATA 6 Gbps, mSATA
- Maximum 4K Random Read/Write Speed: 35K IOPS; 22K IOPS
- Maximum Read/Write Speed: 530 MB/s; 440 MB/s
- Endurance: 1,000,000 hours MTBF and 3 years warranty
The drive weighs only 0.24 ounces and has support for Intel ISRT, a technology which can "improve program startup speed and promote system reactivity" by caching often used data. Team Group's MP1 also features rather standard technologies such as NCQ, S.M.A.R.T. and Trim Command, as well as Wear Leveling and ECC.
While the official product page is already up and offers a generous amount of information, there is no hint regarding availability and pricing yet.