Specs of the Samsung 10.5-inch AMOLED tablet leaked
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
While most reviews conclude that Samsung's AMOLED displays found in Galaxy handsets are the best ones currently on the market, the company did not release any tablet to use this technology yet. After a few rumors regarding an entire lineup of Android tablets with AMOLED displays that is currently in the making, a leak reveals the entire specs list of Samsung's upcoming tablet with 10.5-inch AMOLED display.
SamMobile's insiders have just confirmed that the WiFi-only SM-T800 tablet will offer the following specs:
- Processor: quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon (not specified, but most likely a Snapdragon 801)
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB of RAM; 16/32/64 GB of internal storage and microSD support
- Display: 10.5-inch Super AMOLED with 2,560X1,600 pixels
- Cameras: 2 MP front, 8 MP rear
- Connectivity: WiFi, USB 2.0, Bluetooth
- Operating system: Android 4.4.2 KitKat with TouchWiz overlay, Magazine UX included
- Battery: 7,900 mAh
The slate could feature Ultra Power Saving Mode and - at least in some areas - the processor could be Samsung's own Exynos chip.
More should be revealed soon and hopefully things will be clear, as now the information leaked claims that this WiFi version has a Snapdragon chip, while the 4G LTE-enabled variant is powered by an Exynos. Samsung did not confirm anything yet.