CES 2014 | Sony introduces the Xperia Z1 Compact Android smartphone
While the Sony Xperia Z1f has been released in Japan back in October, the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact has just been launched at CES 2014 and brings the same specs and features to the whole world. According to the Japanese company, the Xperia Z1 Compact is "the world’s best premium compact smartphone" and provides the best of Xperia Z1's features in a compact size.
Fully compliant with IP55 and IP58 standards, the Xperia Z1 Compact is waterproof and protected against ingress of dust as well. These are its main specs and features:
- Processor: 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974)
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16 GB of internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB
- Display: 4.3-inch Triluminous IPS touchscreen with 1,280X720 pixels and 341 ppi
- Cameras: 20.7 MP rear with 1/2.3-type CMOS Exmor RS image sensor and 2 MP front
- Connectivity: WiFi a/b/g/n/ac, 4G LTE, NFC, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (Android 4.4 KitKat update should arrive soon)
- Battery/Autonomy: 2,300 mAh; up to 18 hours talk time and up to 670 hours stand by
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.3 pounds; 5X2.56X0.37 inches
The handset is available in black, pink, white, yellow and lime. Pricing has not been detailed yet, but Sony's press release available below reveals that the Xperia Z1 Compact will launch globally starting in February 2014.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: