Sony Xperia Z2 tablet hits Verizon Wireless next week
Verizon Wireless advertises the Sony Xperia Z2 slate as "slimmest and lightest waterproof 4G LTE tablet" and makes it available for preorder online starting tomorrow. This 10.1-inch Android KitKat device will be a Verizon exclusive and will hit the carrier's retail stores on July 17.
Sony Xperia Z2 has the followins specs and features:
- Processor: quad-core 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 MSM8974AB with Adreno 330 graphics
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB flash memory and microSD support up to 128 GB
- Display: 10.1-inch TFT capacitive multi-touch with 1,920X1,200 pixels
- Cameras: 2.2 MP front, 8.1 MP back with 8X digital zoom and 1080p video recording
- Connectivity: WiFi with Hotspot capability, DLNA, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 and micro USB, GPS with GLONASS
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.97 pounds; 6.8X10.47X0.25 inches
- Battery: 6,000 mAh with STAMINA
This slate is both IP55- and IP58-compliant for protection from dust and water. Verizon Wireless sells it for $499.99 USD with a two-year activation or $599.99 USD without activation. Customers who preorder it now will also receive a Sony Digital Noise Cancelling Headset MDRNC31EM (while supplies last).