Seidio OBEX offers IP 68 protection to the Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is an excellent phablet but since it is not a waterproof device, a case capable to offer extra protection from the elements can always come in handy. Seidio OBEX is exactly such an accessory and has just began shipping.
According to the official press release, the Seidio OBEX "offers the highest level of protection against daily wear-and-tear and even the most extreme environments" and has the following highlights:
- Waterproof: IP68 rating, as the case allows the Galaxy Note 3 it protects to remain submerged for up to 30 minutes in up to 2 meters of water without taking damage
- Drop-proof: passed the MIL-STD-810F test, as it was built to whitstand drops up to six feet
- Ports protection: easy to remove soft rubber stoppers for S Pen, USB and headphone ports
- Screen protector built-in: provides 4H hardness while maintaining clarity and sensitivity
- Anti-reflection glass: camera lens protection without any influence on photo quality
In addition to the above and its rather rugged looks, the Seidio OBEX does not interfere with radio, NFC, Bluetooth or WiFi signals. The case is available for $79.95 USD and comes in black with red or black with gray. For more details, please check the press release below.