IFA 2013 | Schenker's new HD+ ultrabook, Schenker S4M
Review Editor - Details here
News Editor - Details here
Russian Translator - Details here
Schenker showed up to the IFA 2013 with their new ultrabook, Schenker S4M. It comes in metal casing in "platinum grey" or "burnt orange" and sports a 14-inch display with HD+ resolution, while only being less than 17 millimeters thick and weighing around 1.5 kilograms. The new Schenker S4M will cost around €800 once it is available at the end of October.
The Schenker S4M uses a 128 GB solid state drive and has a battery life of up to 7.5 hours, according to Schenker. The basic configuration for €800 also includes 4 GB of RAM and a pre-installed Windows 7 Home Premium edition. The RAM can be upgraded to 8 GB, while the storage can be increased to a capacity of 512 GB (mSATA-SSD).
Technical specifications—Schenker S4M:
- Display: 14 inches (35.6 cm) HD+ (1,600 × 900) non-glare
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4200U (1.60 - 2.60 GHz 3 MB 15 W)
- RAM: up to 8 GB DDR3 1,600 MHz
- Connectivity: mSATA-Slot SSD, SATA-II interface, card reader, HDMI, headphone / microphone jack, 2x USB 2.0, USB 3.0-
- Sound: HD Audio
- Input: isolated keyboard, touchpad with multi-touch and scrolling function
- Communication: 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbit/s Base-TX ethernet LAN, 1.0 MP video camera, 802.11 a / b / g / n WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 (optional)
- Measurement & weight: 336 mm × 232 mm × 16.7 mm , 1.46 kg