Samsung reveals the Galaxy Round curved display smartphone
It seems that LG has lost the race for the first smartphone with a curved display to be released, since the Samsung Galaxy Round has been unveiled earlier today and will become available in South Korea starting tomorrow. Unfortunately, the handset will not arrive on any other market for the time being.
Here are the technical specs of the Galaxy Round, most of them mentioned by rumors for quite a while now:
- Processor: quad-core 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Memory/Storage: 3 GB RAM; 32 GB ROM and microSD support for up to 64 GB
- Display: 5.7-inch Full HD Super Flexible AMOLED
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n and WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS, USB 3.0
- Operating system: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Weight: 5.43 ounces
- Battery: 2,800 mAh
The Samsung Galaxy Round also provides Samsung KNOX software and hardware security features, making it an attractive solution for business and enterprise clients. Unfortunately, the handset has a price of over $1,000 and will be released in a limited edition for South Korea. Availability and pricing for the rest of the world are still unknown, as mentioned earlier.