Samsung keeps the flip phone alive with W789
After a few weeks full of rumors, Samsung released the official information needed to quell those rumors. As surprising as it may seem, the South Korean group decided to bring back the flip phone form factor and revealed the Android-powered W789, codenamed Hennessy.
According to the product page from Samsung's Chinese website, these are the main specifications of the handset:
- CPU: 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Memory/Storage: not specified, but one microSD memory card slot is included
- Display: two 3.3-inch 320 x 480 LCD touchscreens
- Camera: 5 MP rear, no front camera
- Connectivity/Networks: Bluetooth, WiFi, USB 2.0, GPS; dual-SIM support (CDMA+GSM)
- OS: Android 4.1
- Weight/Dimensions: 7.33 oz; 4.36 x 2.33 x 0.73 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 1,500 mAh
Unfortunately, the Samsung W789 is only listed on the Chinese site of the company, so it may not become available for the rest of the world.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones:
Samsung's Chinese Website: http://www.samsung.com/cn/consumer/mobile-phones/mobile-phones/smart-phone/SCH-W789XDACTC?subsubtype=android