Samsung introduces the 840 EVO mSATA SSD line-up
While a significant share of the market is still in possession of mechanical hard drives and hybrids, solid state drives are rapidly gaining ground and Samsung is one of the big names leading the way. Earlier today, the South Korean company announced the introduction of the 840 EVO mSATA SSD line-up which includes the industry's first 1 TB mSATA SSD.
The new products extend the existing 840 EVO line-up introduced by Samsung back in July at Samsung SSD Global Summit and pack the following specs:
- Capacities: 120 GB, 250 GB, 500 GB and 1 TB
- Hardware: 10 nm 128 Gb NAND flash memory and Samsung proprietary controller with TurboWrite technology
- Random reads/writes: 98k IOPS; 90k IOPS
- Sequential read/write speed: 540 MB/s; 520 MB/s
- Weight/Thickness: 0.3 ounces; 0.15 inches
The performance figures mentioned above apply to the 1 TB version. The new 840 EVO drives come with Samsung Magician 4.3 for enhanced performance on RAPID mode and Samsung Data Migration for easy replacement of old hard drives/SSDs. Both are compatible with Windows 8 and offer support for 10 languages.
According to Samsung's press release which you can check below, the 840 EVO mSATA SSD line-up will be available globally this month so pricing and release dates should be revealed soon.