Samsung ATIV S Neo confirmed by Sprint for August 16
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Sprint may be on its way to launch the Moto X, but the Samsung ATIV S Neo is going to arrive first. After a lot of rumors, the US wireless carrier has just confirmed in a press release that the handset will go on sale this Friday.
The specifications of the ATIV S Neo are in line with previous rumors, as you can see below:
- CPU: 1.4GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm MSM8930AA)
- Memory/Storage: 1 GB RAM / 16 GB internal storage (one microSD memory card slot supporting up to 64 GB)
- Display: 4.8-inch HD, 1,280X720 pixels touchscreen
- Camera: 8 MP rear, 1.9 MP front
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 + LE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- OS: Windows Phone 8
- Weight/Dimensions: 5.08 oz; 5.33 x 2.72 x 0.36 inches
- Battery/Autonomy: 2,000 mAh; up to 14 hours talk time
Besides the above, the Samsung ATIV S Neo also features a 3.5 mm stereo jack, 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability and NFC. Being the first Windows Phone 8 handset in Sprint's lineup to feature international roaming capabilities, the Samsung ATIV S Neo carries a price tag of $149.99 (after a $50 mail-in rebate and only together with a two-year service agreement).
The handset will be available via Sprint's direct sales channels, including Web Sales, Sprint Stores, Business Sales and Telesales at 1-800-SPRINT1.