Qualcomm Toq smartwatch now up for pre-order
The Qualcomm Toq smartwatch was revealed back in September and was expected to become available for purchase in early December. Fortunately the device is already available for pre-order, although it will only start shipping in a few weeks and, for now, it is only available in Black.
- Processor: 200 MHz ARM Cortex M3
- Display: 1.55-inch Qualcomm Mirasol capacitive touchscreen with 288x192 pixels and 222 ppi
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 3.0
- Device compatibility: Android handsets with 4.0.3 or later, Jelly Bean or KitKat suggested by Qualcomm
- Operating system: ThreadX RTOS
- Battery: 240 mAh that lasts "multiple days between charges" and charges via Qualcomm WiPower LE magnetic resonance
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.2 pounds; 1.7X1.87X0.39 inches
- Wrist band size: 6 inches to 8.7 inches
Qualcomm Toq comes with AllJoyn support, ships with a charger and wireless headphones and is priced as previously mentioned by most rumors and leaks, at $349. Its main selling point seems to be the display, described as "a revolutionary reflective, low-power display that enables an always on viewing experience" but remains to be seen if this smartwatch can live up to the hype.