Panasonic announces the Toughbook CF-AX3
Panasonic unveiled the 2-in-1 Toughbook CF-AX3, a notebook and tablet combo that replaces the Toughbook CF-AX2 and features a Full HD IPS anti-glare display, a Haswell processor and a versatile design. This portable combines tablet and laptop features so users can easily flip it and touch it as needed "with the confidence of a ergonomically designed, business-rugged device from Panasonic Tough book."
The Panasonic Toughbook CF-AX3 has the following specs:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4300U
- Memory/Storage: unknown at this time
- Display: 11.6-inch Full HD IPS anti-glare, with 10-point multitouch
- Connectivity: optional 4G/LTE module, Bluetooth 4.0 ,WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, VGA, HDMI, LAN, 2XUSB 3.0
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, but Windows 7 options are still available
- Battery life: up to 12 hours work time and 8 days in standby mode
The Toughbook CF-AX3 weighs 2.5 pounds and is only 0.7 inches thick. It can whitstand 100 kgf and bottom drops up to 29.9 inches without taking damage. "Whether you are a researcher, sales and business executive or medical professional, the Toughbook CF-AX3 gives you the power of a laptop when you need it and the versatility and convenience of a tablet." says Jan Kaempfer, Panasonic's head of European marketing.
This 2-in-1 ultraportable from Panasonic will go on sale in Europe starting in November 2013 at an estimated £1,379 + VAT (about $2,232 + taxes) for the standard model, but availability and price in the United States have not been announced yet.