Nexus 5 to arrive on November 1
Previous rumors about the release date of Google's Nexus 5 smartphone missed by a long shot, since the Internet search giant did not unveil this handset in mid-October as expected. Now the price and availability of the Android smartphone are still unknown, but notorious Twitter tipster evleaks revealed a clear image of the upcoming handset, its launch date and even its main specs.
According to these recent leaks (including a pre-registration section on WIND Mobile's Facebook page that appeared yesterday and was soon taken down), the Google Nexus 5 is manufactured by LG and comes with the following:
- Processor: 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 16/32 GB internal storage
- Display: 4.95-inch Full HD multitouch with 445 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Cameras: 8 MP with OIS rear facing and 1.3 MP webcam
- Connectivity: dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/nc, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB, SlimPort
- Operating system: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Weight/Dimensions: 0.29 pounds; 2.72X5.43X0.34 inches
- Battery: 2,300 mAh
Considering all the above, it seems Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat will be released really soon. If evleaks is right this will happen on November 1, so stay tuned for more.