NEC unveils the ruggedized Shieldpro H11A tablet
NEC has recently unveiled the ruggedized Shieldpro H11A tablet aimed at industrial applications, military organizations and law enforcement agencies. In these fields, the challenges of the environment are not something regular tablets would whitstand, so NEC chose to use a fanless design to ensure maximum protection from water and dust.
These are the main specs of the NEC Shieldpro H11A Windows 7 tablet:
- Processor: dual-core 1.6 GHz Intel Atom N2600
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB DDR3 RAM; 64 GB SSD and one SDXC memory card slot
- Display: 10.4-inch resistive touchscreen LCD XGA with 1,024X768 pixels
- Connectivity: 3XUSB 2.0, RJ-45 LAN, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Weight/Dimensions: 4.19 pounds; 11.4X9.45X1.34 inches
- Operating system: Windows 7 Professional
The weight of this device may seem a lot for a 10 inch tablet, but one must keep in mind that this is a slate that can be entirely submerged in water without any problems, not to mention its ability to survive 5-foot falls onto concrete. The NFC Shieldpro H11A has a magnesium alloy frame, as well as reinforced corners.
According to NEC, the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department already decided to order a batch of these slates which will be available in early 2014. Unfortunately, they cannot be ordered by consumers yet, but this could change in the future.
See our Top 10 Notebooks:
Top 10 Tablets / Smartphones: