Microsoft Surface 2 with 4G LTE hits AT&T
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
Microsoft's Surface Team announced yesterday the 64 GB "mobile broadband-ready version" of the Surface 2 tablet and today the device which carries a $679 USD price tag goes on sale through Microsoft's US commercial resellers. Yesterday it became available via Best Buy and Microsoft Stores for the same price, which is $130 USD higher than the Microsoft Surface 2 without 4G LTE connectivity.
Except the improved connectivity, the Surface 2 AT&T 4G LTE has the same features and specs as the standard 64 GB Surface 2 tablet:
- Processor: 1.7 GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 4
- Memory/Storage: 2 GB RAM; 64 GB internal storage and microSD support up to 64 GB more, as well as 200 GB of free OneDrive storage for two years
- Display: 10.6-inch 5-point multi-touch with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Cameras: 3.5 MP front, 5 MP back
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0, HD video out and cover ports, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Operating system and software: Windows 8.1 RT and Office 2013 RT
- Weight/Dimensions: 1.49 pounds; 10.81X6.79X0.35 inches
- Autonomy: 7-15 days idle, up to 10 hours video playback
This slate comes with a dual-position kickstand and also features two microphones and Dolby sound stereo speakers. "Mobile professionals, as well as anyone who wants access to their digital life and work while in motion, are going to love it." notes the Surface blog. Unfortunately, there is no word about the availability of this variant outside the US for now.