MSI unveils GT72 Dominator Pro desktop replacement
Working For Notebookcheck
Are you a loyal reader of notebookcheck? Are you a techie who knows how to write? Then join our Team!
News Editor, Review Editor (Smartphones) - Details here
MSI today unveils its latest gaming laptop, the GT72 Dominator Pro - a portable advertised as "the benchmark breaking desktop replacement." According to MSI Pan America's president Andy Tung, "The completely redesigned flagship gaming notebook incorporates the heralded elements of previous GT versions into a brand new chassis that maximizes performance and user experience."
MSI GT72 Dominator Pro is available in two variants with minor differences, as you can see below:
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4710HQ
- Memory/Storage: 24 GB or 32 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz; 2X128 GB SSD RAID 0 and 1 TB HDD or 4X128 GB SSD RAID 0 and 1 TB HDD
- Display: 17.3-inch FUll HD anti-reflective with 1,920X1,080 pixels
- Graphics adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M with 8 GB DDR5
- Optical drive: Blu-ray burner
- Webcam: 1080p
- Audio: Dynaudio premium speakers with subwoofer
- Connectivity: Killer N1525 Wireless-AC, Killer E2200 Game Networking, HDMI, 6XUSB 3.0, HDMI, SD card reader
- Operating system: Windows 8.1
- Weight/Dimensions: 8.59 pounds; 16.85X11.57X1.88 inches
Both the GT72 Dominator Pro- 010 (the version with 24 GB of memory and two SSDs) and the Dominator Pro- 007 (32 GB memory and four SSDs) have a full color programmable backlit keyboard by SteelSeries. The first one starts at $2,599.99 USD, while the more powerful version costs at least $2,999.99 USD and both can be ordered directly from MSI.